To apply for any listed courses, follow the links to read the relevant information and follow the instructions included. Course dates are shown below.
Mental Health First Aid
To view the brochure for this training, click here
Where the course comes from
- This Mental Health First Aid course has been developed over 15 years by a combination of university researchers, professionals, and people with lived experience of mental distress and illness in Australia and New Zealand.
- It is an accredited, international programme and has been presented to over 2 million participants in more than 25 countries. It is adapted under license in New Zealand to reflect New Zealand cultures, services, and statistics. See this video to get an idea of what the course has to offer: https://youtu.be/sgOr62boQo8
The accredited course facilitators are:
- Jess Lawless, a Registered Child and Family Psychologist, working at Child, Adolescent and Family Community Services (CAF) North. Jess has an extensive background in Community Mental Health in both residential and community settings with adults and youth and is highly regarded as a dynamic, inclusive and engaging course facilitator.
- Janelle Butcher, a Registered Social Worker, working at Hillmorton Hospital and tutoring at the Women’s Centre, as well as Ara. Janelle has an extensive background spanning many years in Mental Health and has a special interest in Women’s Health.
- Sean Pawson, Chaplain at Stepping Stone Trust
- Wayne Linklater, Team Leader for Adult Intensive Residential Mobile Support and Mobile Medication Service at Stepping Stone Trust.
- Dates: This is a 2-day course, over Friday (28th) and Saturday (29th) May 2021, 9.30 am – 4.30 pm
- Location: 92 Lincoln Road, Addington, Chch
- To enrol: please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, email address, and contact phone number (note: your place is not secured until payment is received).
- Fee: $395
- Subsidies: from time to time we receive grants to provide part payment of the course fees. Currently, we can offer significantly reduced rates if you work or volunteer in a church setting or community ministry or if you are a 24/7 worker. We also have a small hardship fund that may apply. Please mention in your email if you think any of these may apply to you or call reception on 03 338 6390 to discuss.
- Payment: This can be made by direct credit into bank account 03-1703-0038712-000. Please write “MHFA” as the reference and your name in Particulars. Once you have paid, please state in your email booking.